Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

The Ceremony & Reception

The ceremony and reception are set for December 9th, 3pm. We are getting married at my church, Peninsula Bible Church in Cupertino. I spent the bulk of my single years at PBCC and in many respects feel like I am who I am today because of the love and the truth that I received there. Bill also spent sometime at PBCC. We marvel at the fact that we went to the same church and rubbed shoulders with some of the same people, yet we never met. In fact, a couple of friends tell us that we ate dinner together at the Elephant Bar in 2005 amongst mutual friends. Both of us remember the night but neither of us remembers each other! We have no doubt in our minds that God has a plan for our lives and part of that plan was for us to meet on January 6th, 2007 and not a day earlier. The details that fill January 6th to July 26th (the night we got engaged) I'll save for another post.

The reception will be at the Historic Del Monte Building in downtown Sunnyvale. I wish I could say that there is some special significance to this location but there isn't. This choice came down to simple economics. Getting married in the Bay Area is expensive! Many places we looked at wanted to charge us $10,000 just to walk in the door. The Del Monte building will do everything for just a little more than that and it is a beautiful site. Looking at reception sites was Bill's last hurrah before starting his new job. (More on that in another post!) What a gem! He spent 5 or 6 hours looking at sites and getting prices. I must say I couldn't ask for a better fiance - he has been so involved in the wedding planning. And he is so good at helping me figure out what I want.

No comments: