Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Wedding Party...Karen's Side

Barb Taylor, Matron of Honor
My big sister and life long friend. She lives in Boston with husband Zach, 2 year old Mia, and 5 month old Sadie. They are getting ready to move to Endhoven, Holland November 11th. I owe my love of soccer to my sister. In 5th grade, after 5 years of soccer, I quite playing the game. In 6th grade I realized how cool my sister was so I returned to the pitched. I have loved it ever since. Bill loves it to! Thanks Barb! My 2 favorite Barb memories are form the 2 biggest changes in my life thus far; moving into my freshman dorm and driving from Ohio to California. Anyone close to me knows that change doesn't come easy for me. It was good to have my big sister with me in those transitions. I am thankful she'll be around for this next one.

Ruthann Formica, Matron of Honor
Kindred Spirit and Cali girlfriend for 8 years. She moved to NYC 3 days after I got engaged. We have been roommates, running partners, bible study companions, backpacking enthusiasts, dancing fools, and 24 fanatics. Ruthann's friendship in my singleness was a gift from God. She taught me how to accomplish more than I ever thought I could and on a mountain top in Oregon she showed me how to authentically lay my heart before God. I loved sharing singleness with her and I look forward to also sharing marriage with her.

Marian Rosen, Bridesmaid
I've always known of Marian but it wasn't until Kibbie Lake that I saw glimpses of a deep friendship. On the trail we realized our mutual love for biking and on the road we uncovered a mutual love for God. Today we spend more time on the running path where our conversations traverse a broad landscape. What I love about Marian is her ability to be present with a person. The weekend my mom died my most vivid memories are of my times with Marian, just sitting - not talking - just sitting.

Julie Van Loan, Bridesmaid
I think I have know Julie since day 1 in California. I knew Julie would be a kindred spirit when she listened to me cry over a broken relationship and reminded me that broken relationships were not what God intended. Little did I know back than that we would become roommates and remain roommates until I got married. I tell people all the time that Julie should get some credit towards her Marriage and Family Therapist License for living with me for 5 years! Her gentle heart, listening spirit, and wise counsel has seen me through many rough patches. I am a better person for having lived life with Julie.

Emily Folk, Bridesmaid
My oldest and dearest friend. She now lives in Florida with her husband Jim (I get credit for them meeting!) and 2 1/2 year old Muriel and 7 month old Corinne. These beautiful girls share the same birthday. Emily sat in front of me in Mr Mauch's English class and I remember being jealous of her because all the boys liked her. She is beautiful! By 9th grade God had done some work on me and our friendship blossomed. God has been gracious to sustain our friend over distance and time. I love my friendship with Emily because she knows my history; she lived it with me.


Colleen, Bridesmaid
Colleen and I know each other from the Red Cross. We only worked together for a year and than she moved on to bigger and better things, but despite that change and numerous others, our friendship has thrived. For the length of our friendship we have lived 50 miles from each other but we've stayed connected over butternut squash ravioli and movies in Union City. Colleen's sacrificial heart and encouraging spirit has been a gift to me over the years. Colleen is married to Mike (their wedding in Tahoe is one of my favorite Tahoe memories) and is expecting her first baby in January!

No comments: