Pages

Monday, June 8, 2009

Bill's Birthday

May 29th marked Bill's entrance into a new decade. He turned 40! Carries his age well dosen't
he? :)

The 29th fell on a Friday and since Bill was already off work I decided to surprise him and take the day off myself. I must admit I am rather proud of myself. Bill is is very aware of his surroundings and rarely misses a comment made or detail misplaced. This makes him great at search and resue but difficult to surprise. Well I did it!

I got up and did my normal morning routine which included kissing him good bye while he was still sleeping. But instead of leaving the house I started making breakfast. Just as I was starting
the pancakes Bill's dad called. As I was flipping the last pancake Bill came walking down the hall. I sent him back to bed and minutes later delivered breakfast in bed.

I grew up eating my birthday dinner off of a "Today is Your Special Day" red plate. I had forgetton all about that tradition until I found Colleen's red plate when I helped her pack her kitchen. Colleen got me my own plate and now I am thrilled to be able to carry on the tradition with Bill.

The morning was spent lounging around and a little window shopping in Los Gatos. While in Los Gatos we ran into an old mountain biking buddy of Bill's.


We stopped at Los Gatos Meats to pick up lunch. Bill said this trip tip sandwich was the best trip tip he has ever had. And he has tried a lot of tri-tip!


We ate lunch with the dogs at our favorite duck pond.


Murphy and Sophie gave Bill a card and tickets to the a matinee showing of the Terminator Salvation movie.


After the movie we headed home for an afternoon nap and some freshing up for dinner with the Carlson's at Vivace Ristorante.


We enjoyed good food, good wine, and good conversation.

Bill woke up on Saturday morning and said to me "I feel so loved". I think it was a good birthday!

No comments: