Looks like I'll be spending my summer on crutches.
Thursday, July 2, 2009
The results are in
The MRI results are in and it turns out I tore my ACL. The good news is that my range of motion is really good (120 degrees) and my leg muscles are regaining their strength. My PT says I am ready for surgery. July 15th I meet with the surgeon. He will be able to tell me the extent and location of the damage. My PT said the cracking and popping I am hearing when I walk might be a result of the ACL tearing away from the bone. Apparently, if the ACL tears at the point of insertion to the bone it can break loose fragments of bone. The cracking and popping could be bone floating around in my knee. That can't be good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment