I made it until about 4pm yesterday with out the Vicodin. I think the morphine shot they gave me right before they stitched me up wore off. The pain was bad. So yesterday afternoon and evening I was back on the Vicodin. It never ceases to amaze me how pain effects your mental state. I am more hopeful and and a lot less cranky with Bill when I don't have pain! I told Bill last night that when I have a baby I'm getting drugs. He was supportive of that. I think he likes me less cranky also. :)
Today I started Naprosyn, my anti-inflammatory drugs. I hope getting the swelling down in my knee will ease some of the pain and allow me to get off the Vicodin. We'll see.
1 comment:
Oh friend, I should have warned you- once the drugs wear off from surgery it is super painful and even the toughest need some drugs to make it through. It's ok to take them.... especially to get through initially...
Post a Comment