I checked in at 6:15. By 8:15 they were giving me the happy drugs and wheeling me to the OR. I rememeber being in the OR and having to get on and off the operating table a couple of times because the table was set up backwards. I also remember asking where the Achilles tendon was. Did they have a stash of them in a refrigerator somewhere? Unfortunately I don't remember the answer. Next thing I knew I was in the recovery room feeling like I was going to vomit. The nurses gave me a couple of rounds of drugs and the nausea went away.
Turns out I was right. My meniscus was also torn. I suspected as much since every time I bent my knee I had a sharp, pinching pain on the outer part of my knee. The doctor said it looked like it was torn in the same place I tore it in high school. I suppose once weak always weak.
I was home by 2pm or so yesterday and pretty much slept until 10am this morning. Every 4 or 5 hours I woke up long enough to go to the bathroom and take more Vicodin. I don't understand the appeal of Vicodin. How do people get addicted? It did take the pain away but it also made my head fuzzy and the rest of me sleepy. I am eager to be off of it and feel like a normal person again! I have not taken any since 6am this morning. So far so good. The pain has been manageable.
No comments:
Post a Comment