Pages

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

1 Month Down, 5 To Go

Today marks 4 weeks post surgery.  My PT told me this morning that I am well past where I need to be.  She said my muscle strength is excellent (that pre-surgery PT has paid off!) and what I need now is time - time to heal.  My meniscus and the incision point on my tibia still need some time.  Apparently the meniscus has very poor blood circulation so it takes a long time to heal.  And the tibia, well let's just say they drilled a hole into my bone!

I've replaced my leg raises and hamstring curls with balance exercises and bike riding.  I am cleared to do stairs (which is nice since my office at work is on the second floor), and I still need to ice.  I see the PT in two weeks.  She mentioned something about trying out the machines in the other office.  I am hoping a treadmill is among those machines!  I would love to run again.

No comments: