We spent the days before Thanksgiving exploring the amazing landscape of Southern Utah/Norther Arizona. This part of the country is breath taking! I can hardly find the words to articulate my thoughts/feelings. And the words I do find fall short. It seems like the only satisfying response is to ponder the vastness of God and the depth of his creativity.
On Thanksgiving Day we spent the day lounging around and cooking. I made the cranberry sauce, sweet potato suffle, and apple pie. Bill and my brother took on the turkey, gravy, and green beans. My dad and niece made a pumpkin pie. It was a great meal followed by a rousing game of "Celebrity" (a charades game of sorts). It was a great week and we had much to be thankful for.
Here are a few of our feeble attempts to capture the beauty that we saw.
Here are a few of our feeble attempts to capture the beauty that we saw.
Bill and my dad hanging with the dogs.
My dad and I taking in the Grand Canyon
The hoo doos at Bryce Canyon
Zion Canyon from the top of Angles Landing. This hike was 5 miles round trip and 1500 foot elevation over. Some parts of the trail were only 5 or 6 feet wide. It was the scariest hike I've ever done but well worth the effort for this view!
You can see more of our photos here.
No comments:
Post a Comment