Pages

Monday, January 4, 2010

What I am Working On

I came across this article last week and thought it was blog worthy.  It does a pretty good job of describing the new project I am in the midst of transitioning to.  As the program manager I'll be overseeing the launch process and managing all the external relationships.  I am excited about the project because it has the potential to impact a lot of people and in some ways it gets me back to my non-profit roots.

But as with all transitions in my life, there exists uncertainty and fear.  Questions and thoughts keep me awake at night.  Do the people on this project know what they are getting in me?  I think I snuck in the back door at Google, I am not that smart.  How am I going to figure out how to do all of this?  Will I be able to deliver?

The good news is that today I was told I made it onto the "engEDU (that is my team) honor role".  Apparently some people on my team think that I perform with excellence and nominated me for the award.  I heard rumors that engEDU honor role bumper stickers are on their way.  Maybe I'll hang my bumper sticker by my bed so that the next time I wake up in the middle of the night in fear I can be reminded of my past success.

But actually the even better news is that I have more than a bumper sticker to calm my soul.  I have a great God who promises not to give me more than I can handle.  He has brought me to this place and he will see me through it as he has every other time.

No comments: