Murphy's birthday was on Thursday, February 25th but the party was the following Saturday. (Bill's dad's birthday is the same day so his party was the priority - rightfully so!) The day of the party was overcast, cold, and damp. I invited all of Murphy's dog friends as well as some of his people friends. Over the course of two hours we had 9 dogs and twice as many people and kids stop by. Nieve me, I thought the dogs would be ok inside but that did not last long. So out to the cold, damp backyard we went!
An hour or so into the party I pulled out the goods. Doggie cupcakes! They were made with ground beef, eggs, oil, peas, oatmeal, and carrots. They were topped off with a cream cheese, mozzarella frosting. The dogs LOVED them.
It was fun to do once but I don't think I'll do it again. It was exhausting and the weather was lousy! Murphy was worn out at the end of the day (which is a GREAT thing!) and he had fun but I don't think he'll notice. I think next year I'll just make the cupcakes.
Me brining out the goods.
The dog in this picture is Murphy's brother, Copper.
No comments:
Post a Comment