Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Running, Bluegrass, and Soccer

It seems that a Saturday filled with a morning run and an afternoon of walking around the Hardly Strickly Bluegrass festival in SF followed by a Sunday morning soccer game is the limit of what my knee will tolerate in a 36 hour period.  My knee has not been this swollen or achy for a good 6 months.

The good news is it was a great weekend.  My Saturday morning run with Murphy was great.  I did 3.24 miles and averaged close to a 9 minute mile.  I don't think I've run that well since before I got a new ACL.

On Saturday afternoon we met up with Bill's cousin and his family.  They drove up for the Bluegrass festival from San Diego.  While we spent more time getting to the festival than actually at the festival, it was GREAT to spend time with the Aktins.  Michelle and Kerry (Bill's) cousin are, as Bill would say, just good folk.  They are easy to talk with, happy to just be with family, and just plain funny.  And to top it off they have 3 great kids who are thrilled to spend the weekend with their parents.  I told Michelle and Kerry that I hope we have teenagers like theirs. 

On Sunday we played soccer followed by lunch with Bill's brother Matthew and our good friend Tim.  Tim's mom recently passed away very unexpectedly.  It was good to spend time with him and listen as he talked about how he is doing.  I was so blessed by friends who did the same for me when my mom passed away, I am thankful to be able to comfort others with the comfort I have received.

So while my knee is achy and elevated with the ice pack right now.  It was a good weekend!

No comments: