Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2011

The doctor took a picture...

of my tummy and look what she found!


Yep, that is a baby!  This picture was taken when I was 12 weeks and 2 days along.  The anticipated due date is currently February 8th.  We are excited and incredibly grateful to be at this stage of pregnancy, for a number of reasons!

To start with, we had two miscarriages prior to this pregnancy.  Both pregnancies ended about 7 weeks and we never heard a heart beat.  Having never heard a heart beat before, hearing this little ones strong heart beat at 7 weeks and again at 12 weeks was priceless.  I could have sat in the doctor's office for hours listening to it!  I was so excited I took a video.  :)




The second reason I am thankful to be this far along, is that I am finally starting to feel like myself again.  From 5 weeks until 11.5 weeks I was miserably sick and nothing helped.  On a good day I only vomited once.  On bad days I could keep nothing down.  Add on to that jaw dropping fatigue, constipation, a nasty taste in my mouth, and insomnia and I've become a different person.  It was not a fun summer.  I am VERY thankful to be past that, for the most part!    

We have much to celebrate and be thankful for!





1 comment:

jess said...

Awww, I'm so happy for you both!! Congrats and I hope the rest of the pregnancy is unpleasant-side-effect free.
;)