Pages

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Baby Bumb

Here is my current set of baby bump pictures.  As you can tell from the captions, I am not good about taking pictures on the same day every week. 

 14 weeks 3 days

16 weeks 1 day

17 weeks 2 days

The funny thing to me is that the "belly" that you can see in these photos is not actually baby.  It is my intestines, belly flab, and water bloat being pushed up by my growing uterus, which is still well below the "belly" you see in these photos.  I guess this is normal, it is just surprising to me.

Below my "belly" I can see my uterus starting to pop out from behind my pelvic bone.  In fact every day it seems a little bit bigger to me but I don't think it is not all that noticeable to anyone besides me. I suppose it is just a matter of time until the baby part of my belly catches up with the intestines, belly flab, and water bloat part of my belly. 

Last week I came across this interactive video from the Museum of Science and Industry that shows how the body makes room for the baby.  Regardless of how my belly looks, it is incredibly amazing what the human body goes through in order to create life and I consider it a privilege to be able to experience it all.  I'll post more pictures as the weeks pass.

P.S. The last photo was taken last night, so at the writing of this post I am 17 weeks and 3 days.




No comments: