Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2011

28 Weeks and Counting

Thursday I hit the 28 week mark.  Otherwise known as the third trimester.  It is hard to believe I am at this point and our little man will be in here in 10 or 12 weeks (I'm banking on an early arrival!).  

The doctor said I was right on track for 28 weeks.  My weight was good, my blood pressure was excellent, and my uterus is measuring at exactly 28 inches (the uterus is suppose to measure the same number of weeks you are).

One of my co-workers won the battle with breast cancer earlier this year and is now attempting to win the battle over her weight.  Every week she "weighs in" for Weight Watchers and we compare notes. She is loosing weight at about the same rate I am gaining it.  This week, at 183 pounds I finally passed her.  

28 weeks*

How am I feeling?  I guess over all I am feeling pretty good, although I do have my aches and pains and in general I'd rather not be pregnant.  I really see pregnancy as a means to an end.   

Sleeping well is getting increasingly difficult and most days my food does not settle very well.  I often feel like my stomach is full and food is creeping up my throat.  I read that it can be a form of heartburn called "atypical heartburn".  Fortunately tums does the trick most days.  My lower back is also becoming more sensitive.  Most days I need to do some sort of exercising or stretching in order to keep it in check.  

More than the aches and pains though, I am most annoyed by the emotional rollar coaster I feel like I am on.  I've found myself to be much more sensitive, a lot less patient, and generally more irritable these days. (You doubt me?  Just ask Bill!)  My sister asked if I was doing the "what I am thankful for posts" on Facebook this month.  I told her I was trying to but most days I feel so grumpy I can't come up with anything I feel genuinely thankful for.  Sigh.  

But in the grand scheme of things I am healthy and my baby is healthy so I am happy.  And on my grumpy days I am grateful for God's mercy and understanding.    
      
*No we have not started decorating with maps of the Bay Area.  I took this picture and wrote this post while hanging out in a CalTrans office during a Beautiful Day highway litter clean up project.  











No comments: