My first mother's day was a low key mellow day at home. Nathan let me sleep until 8:30 and after some breakfast and a little play time I went for a run while Nathan napped. I came back from my run to find beautiful flowers and a card from Nathan (with Bill's help!).
After a shower Bill made me lunch and Nathan and I spent time reading, napping, and cuddling for the afternoon. Bill gave me the best mother's day gift by making more progress on the bathroom. (We are soooo close to being done with it!)
Over all it was a good day although in some respects it felt a little strange. For whatever reason I don't see myself in any of those Mother's Day commercials or advertisements. I can't really identify with them. And more this year than previous years, I was thinking of my mom. Maybe I need to grow into this whole mother's day thing.

No comments:
Post a Comment