Well we did it. Or maybe I should say Nathan did it. This week we dropped the swaddle. You'll remember I mentioned my swaddle dilemma a few weeks ago.
After 10 days of vacation (more on that to come) Nathan had a major regression in the sleep department. He went from going down for naps and for the night with barely a whimper to full out bloody murder screaming for hours. Nothing seemed to soothe him. Nursing, rocking, singing, back patting - nothing worked. All he did was scream until he was so exhausted he passed out. Of course with the scream came a lot of thrashing around which meant the swaddle would not stay on. So as we let Nathan cry it out we did so with out the swaddle. So now he is sleeping like this...
Which I love! The spread eagle pose is just adorable! He is still crying before he falls alseep but it seems to be getting less and less each day. So hopefully in another week or so we'll be back to a peaceful sleeping routine.

No comments:
Post a Comment