If I had to give this month a descriptive title I would call it the month of movement. Not only did Nathan master crawling this month, we as a family started the move into our new home. Hence the almost 3 week delay on this post! Just my luck, Nathan mastered crawling about a week before we moved. The weeks leading up to the move he refused to be contained by his exersaucer, door jumper, or my arms. All he wanted was to be on the floor practicing his crawling. This made packing very interesting! I tried once or twice to pack with him around and quickly learned that packing would happen during naps and after bedtime.
Nathan's crawling is not the traditional hands and knees crawling. He gets on his hands and one knee and than swings his leg around and pushes off his foot. The above photo shows the movement well.
Along with crawling Nathan has fallen in love with the swing. Does not surprise me. Nathan is a mover and a shaker and I suspect he'll take after his dad and be a bit of an adrenaline junky. :)
The day Nathan turned 8 months he spent with Ruthann while Bill and I packed up all our earthly possessions. The next day Nathan spent with the grandparents while the movers came and carted our possessions across town. So his celebration was lots of fun and love from family and friends.





No comments:
Post a Comment