It took us all summer for us to make it to the Kirkwood cabin this year. As always, it did not disappoint and we spent much of the weekend wondering why we do not spend every weekend of the summer there.
I spent much of the weekend sleeping, reading and playing Agricula with Bill. I was sick with a head cold the entire week before so I was happy to be mellow all weekend. Bill's dad built a picnic table and hung a hammock earlier in the summer so it was super easy to be lazy on front porch all weekend!
 |
| Our Agricula game on the new picnic table. |
 |
| Reading in the new hammock. |
The big achievement for the weekend was teaching Murphy how to jump off the end of the dock.
Last summer we taught him how to swim. After numerous tosses of the Frisbee and Murphy hesitating at the end of the dock, I finally just gave him a shove. That did the trick and he started jumping off the dock consistently.
And after a little bit of coaching, he also figured out that the fastest way back onto the dock was to jump on to it from the side.
Bill took a ton of fun photos. Here are a couple good ones!
 |
| Ready, Set... |
 |
| Jump! |
The rest of our Labor Day Weekend photos are
here. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment