In August I went to visit my sister and meet baby Hugo. (I still need to write a post about that trip!) She had strung a piece of blue string across the kitchen window frame and hung her Welcome Hugo cards from it. I thought it was a brilliant idea and tucked it away in my mental file of creative things to do.
Tonight my friend Lauren was at the house and made a comment about the refrigerator filling up with Christmas cards. Bam - my mental filing cabinet sprung open! And here is the end result:
The best part is that I was able to make it with stuff I already had. The red and gold ribbon came from a wine bottle gift. The cards are hanging from the ribbon by some skinner ribbon I normally use for wrapping presents. As I was creating this I couldn't help but think about Sherry and Jon from Young House Love. I am sure they would be proud of my DIY, use what you have project! I know I am proud of myself. I am not the crafty type and I am a purger extrodianare (ask Bill, more than once I've thrown out stuff he wanted to keep) so I rarely have extra things on hand.
We don't have a ton of cards yet, but today we got two in the mail so I suspect more will be coming. If you send me one I'll hang it up!


No comments:
Post a Comment