Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I Guess I am Showing

I walked into the gym at work and Sue, the gym manager who I know on a first name basis, took one look at me and asked if that was a bun I was carrying?  Very proudly I said yes!  This was the first time someone who did not know I was pregnant looked at me and asked me if I was expecting.  I guess I am beyond looking like I've just gained weight. 

I'm starting to notice my by bump as I go about my day.  Bending over to shave my legs in the shower is a little uncomfortable and doing squats at the gym is getting awkward.  And when I lay down on my back it feels as though my whole abdomen is shifting around!  I suppose the list of adjustments is only going to grow.

Here is my latest bump picture, taken today.


19 weeks
At my last ultrasound appointment they changed my due date to February 9th.  As a result I decided to drop the weeks and day count.  It is easier to keep track of and who knows how many times they'll change my due date again!

It is hard to believe that I could be half way through this pregnancy already.  They say that 37 weeks is full term so if the little guy comes early than I've crossed the hump!  I've been reading this fascinating book called Exercising Through Your Pregnancy (thanks for the recommendation Ruthann!) and it has set me free to keep up my exercise routine until the day I deliver.  The research presented in this book indicates that women who continue their exercise routines usually end up delivering between 37 and 40 weeks.  I am hoping that will be my story and that I am truly half way through this pregnancy.  Time will tell. 





No comments: