Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

32 Weeks (almost)

On Thursday I'll officially be 32 weeks pregnant but today I had my 32 week appointment with my OB. Once again our little man checked out just fine.  My uterus measured 32 inches and his heart beat rang in at 135 beats per minute.  The doctor said my major complaints (baby movement that wakes me up in the middle of the night, heartburn, sharp pains in my pelvis, shortness of breath) are all typical signs of being in the third trimester.  She poked and prodded at my uterus and said he was head down and butt up for the time being but that could change numerous times in the next 4 weeks.  Apparently if he is not head down at 36 weeks she'll recommend some exercises for me to do and may attempt an external version.

I was glad to hear he was head down and I hope he stays that way.  I was born breach so I have a little paranoia that I am going to follow in my mom's footsteps.  I've heard numerous people say that if you have a similar build as your mother, your mother's labor experience is the closest predictor of how your labor and deliver might go.  I was also my mom's second baby so maybe I have nothing to worry about.  Yet.

I was also pleased to hear that the hard bump I was feeling in my right side ribs was his butt.  I suspected as much.  I've fallen in love with that little tush already!  I love rubbing it and can't wait to kiss it.  :)

Here is my 32 week (almost) bump picture.  This picture was taken on Sunday night after Bill and I celebrated 4 years of marriage at a great new restaurant in downtown Campbell called Naschmarkt.  It was fun to remember back to our wedding and think ahead to future days with our son.  

1 comment:

jess said...

You look adorable, as always. :) Can't wait to see pictures of the little guy!!!