Pages

Friday, December 9, 2011

All the Things I Love

For several months now I've been thinking about the things that I hope our son inherits from Bill.  In light of the fact that today marks 4 years of marriage for Bill and I thought it would be most appropriate to post this list today.  In no particular order, here are all the things I love about Bill Parker and all the things I hope my son develops/becomes:
  • Sense of humor; especially the witty come backs
  • Passion to help/care for people that are in need
  • Love of the outdoors
  • Strong hands that are able to work hard
  • Gentle hands that are able to provide a reassuring touch
  • Willingness to keep short accounts
  • Spontaneous dance moves
  • Awareness of self
  • Ability to put himself in other people's shoes
  • Mad soccer skills
  • Not afraid to say I am sorry
  • Simple, childlike trust in God
  • Ability to use a rope to do just about anything
  • Ability to make friends anywhere with just about anyone
  • Willingness to initiate reconciliation
  • Great hugger
  • Nice booty :)
It is hard to believe it has been 4 years since I became a Parker.  In some respects it feels like a life time and others it feels like it has been a day.  Either way, marriage to Bill has exceeded my wildest expectations.  He is a gift to me and I can't wait to see him as a dad to our son.  

No comments: