Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Mommy Fails

Nathan was crying in the car seat in Bill's Jeep.  I was trying to get him out and managed to bump his head on the roof of the Jeep.  His cries turned into blood curdling screams.  He was screaming so hard he wasn't making any sounds, just gasps for air.  Of course my mommy heart broke into pieces and I rushed inside to feed him.

Earlier this week I gave Nathan a bath and got water/soap in his eyes.  He did not really cry but he did whimper a bit and he got this look of "why are you doing this to me" on his face.  Again my heart broke into pieces.

On Thursday afternoon I was feeding Nathan and eating trail mix with chocolate in it.  Apparently I dropped one of the chocolate chips because this is what I found when Nathan finished eating.  I think he was more bothered by my attempts to take pictures than the actual chocolate!  






  

2 comments:

Marlene said...

I'm glad that was only chocolate. When I first saw the picture, I thought... oh no, that was a serious poop explosion!

Colleen said...

I feel like the title of this post should read "Mommy is learning ..." Don't be too hard on yourself! I remember how traumatic it was when I clipped Claire's finger while trimming her nails when she was just two weeks old! Hang in there!