Nathan is more alert and aware of his surroundings every day. He now notices the toys on his play mat and carseat. Sometimes when I put him on his play mat or in his carseat he'll notice his toys and get a big grin on his face. He regularly smiles at Bill and I and will sometimes smile for a other friends or family. Sometimes we'll even get a little giggle.
He also has discovered his hands and often clasps them together like this...
Other accomplishments this month include staying in the church nursery, spending the night at Grandma and Grandpa Parker's house (Bill and I stayed the night also), transitioning from the bassinet to the crib, and attending Mommy and Me yoga.
But Nathan's most exciting accomplishment is turning over from tummy to back. See for yourself in this video...
We think he is not far away from flipping from back to stomach. Yesterday, while Nathan was layin on his back on the play mat, I turned my back to him for a few seconds and when I turned around he was off the play mat and on the carpet! So we know he has done it once and we are eagerly awaiting to see him do it again.
I am also thrilled that Nathan has slept through the night 4 times and I'm optimistic that this is going to become a regular thing soon. For the last week his middle of the night feeds have gotten later and later. Or should I say earlier and earlier. Last week he was waking up at 2:30am - 3am to feed. This morning he slept until 6:30am! I think it is safe to say we are trending in the right direction.
We celebrated Nathan's 2 month birthday with a good nap in the morning, lunch at Google with my co-workers, and an afternoon visit to the Harmony New Mom's group. We closed out the day by helping the Beautiful Day team get ready for their big weekend. It was a good day.
On the 20th we saw the pediatrician. Other than a little dry skin on his fore head he is in perfect health. Nathan weighed in at 10lbs 3 ozs and measured 23 inches long. He is still a tall and skinny boy!
We continue to count our blessings and thank God for the safe arrival of Nathaniel Thomas. He is a joy and a delight!
No comments:
Post a Comment