The day Nathan turned 11months we drove to Tahoe for a long weekend at Northstar. And I completely forgot to take photos. Nathan was hanging out with Bill while he packed the Jeep.
Between Christmas and some uncertainty with my job at work keeping track of what Nathan was doing new in the month got put on the back burner a little bit. But there were definitely some firsts, Christmas being the best!
Christmas was fabulous. We spent Christmas Even and Christmas Day with Bill's parents in Capitola. Nathan got all sorts of toys and fun gifts and as to be expected he liked the boxes and the wrapping paper more than the actual gifts. Between my regular days off and the days I took off between Christmas and New Years I had two weeks off with Nathan. It was so fun to be with him for so much time.
During that time off I started training in urnest for a half marathon in early March. Nathan and I got into a good grove of running together. In many ways he has made me a better runner. The day I took this photo Nathan well asleep when I hit my turn around point. So rather than turn around I kept running and ended up running twice as long as I had intended. I am thrilled that I am loving running more now than I ever have before.
My runs have revealed that Nathan's talking is developing at break next speed. Whenever we pass a dog on our run he points and says "doggie, doggie". And at home when I say "where are the doggies" he grins and points to Murphy and Marina. He will also often say "daddy" when Bill walks in the room.
The other big (not much fun) first milestone we hit this past month was our first "come get your sick kid" call from day care. Nathan caught a virus and had a fever for 5 days. Babies with fevers are so sad. The upside was that he slept a lot and he was very cuddly. One night he slept from 7pm until 11:15am! Here he is below feeling miserable.
Thankfully since than Nathan has been in good health, despite Bill and of the Bay Area being really sick.
Our little man is growing up. It seems like the days of sleepless nights and none stop nursing where forever ago. I now have a baby who is on the verge of being a toddler. We love him more and more everyday and can't remember what life was like with out him.




No comments:
Post a Comment