It made me laugh and it made me cry.
A few tears leaked out when I heard the lyrics, "I am days away from change." Some how the gravity of that really hit me today.
The tears really started flowing when I read the sign "You will miss your mom." I can't count how many times I've heard my sister say that since she became a mom. Some how the gravity of that also really hit me today.
Than the sign that says "Google doesn't have children" made me laugh out loud. There are days now when I am thankful for that! Sometimes it is nice to read information without it being wrapped in the story of someone else pregnancy.
Of course these emotions come on the heals of my 18 week ultrasound that happened this morning. As I was driving to work after my appointment I realized that I am filled with much relief, great excitement, and immense gratitude. Our baby boy is strong and healthy. His heart has 4 complete chambers that are pumping blood in the right directions, 2 properly divided brain hemispheres, a beautiful spinal cord, functioning kidneys, ten toes (and 5 fingers on the one hand that we could see, the other one was in a fist), good size femur bones, and the list goes on and on.
Now that I am feeling really good and I know my baby is developing well, it is as if I am free to throw myself into this pregnancy and the thought of being a mom. Which, for me, means that I am allowing myself to feel the range of emotions. Hence the tears I mentioned earlier. Of course, the pragmatic part me says the tears are simply a result of the hormones.
Maybe I'll chalk it up to a mix of it all, the pending change in my life, the hope of a healthy baby, and the hormones that are racing through my body.
And of course this post would not be complete with out a couple of pictures. :)
He gave me this high five at the very last minute. I LOVE it!
Just below his mouth is a black spot. That is amniotic fluid he is getting ready to swallow.
Further proof it is a boy.
You can see his right leg fully extended and his left leg is bent at the knee.
The little lump in the middle is his "pecker", as Bill calls it.
Here is a video of the little guy giving me a high five!
2 comments:
I'm so incredibly happy for you, Karen. Love that video!
Such great news about your ultrasound! And the first video was really moving. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment